Welcome to the Community Plant Variety Office Website
The CPVO is an European Union agency, which manages a system of plant variety rights covering the 28 Member States.
The CPVO online filing system:
This service enables users to apply for a Community plant variety right online. This option is available in English, Dutch, German and French.
The CPVO will continuously extend the offer to additional species. Please be aware that paper applications remain of course possible.
The CPVO Variety Finder database:
This database, maintained by the CPVO, includes a similarity search tool to test the suitability of denominations for similarity and a general searching tool. It contains information on registers of more than 60 countries.
- Update on fees regulations
- General Guidelines on how to interpret the novelty requirements
- EU Agencies Forum – European Parliament, Brussels 6-7 December 2016
- Commission Notice on the interpretation of certain articles of the Biotech Directive
- CPVO hosting the 47th session of the UPOV Technical Working Party on Fruits (TWF)